|Salary / Salary range
|Date of posting
||14th February 2020
|Closing date for applications
||20th March 2020
|Job description / main responsibilities and duties involved
- Provide medical information responses to questions from external health care professionals, consumers, field force and marketing department.
- Assist in the maintenance of the medical enquiries database.
- Prepare and maintain standard answers and frequently asked questions to common questions.
- Maintain personal current awareness of relevant medical and scientific matters.
- Select and disseminate information relating to relevant medical and scientific matters as appropriate within Orion UK.
- Participate in copy approval process.
- Assist in development of sales and marketing materials as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with sales and marketing functions.
- Delivery of scientific and technical aspects of product training on representatives’ initial training course and updates as appropriate.
Library and information management
- Oversee subscriptions for medical and scientific publications.
- Participate in subsidiary drug safety process.
- Act as deputy to local pharmacovigilance responsible person.
- Submission of applicable local reports, questions and information to competent authorities.
- Input to maintenance of UK SPCs and PILs as required by regulatory consultants and the headquarters regulatory department.
- Writing and maintaining local operating procedures and associated working instructions.
- Have the capability to act as RP for distribution
- Assist with the product recall process
- Demonstrate Orion Pharma core values.
- Provide scientific support to colleagues and HCPs, as required.
- Share learning, including entrepreneurial and innovative ideas within Orion Pharma.
- Be self-accountable for performance and encourage others to achieve and be accountable for their performance.
- Fulfil all routine and ad-hoc admin duties as per request of the line manager.
Work in line with company goals and strategies.
|Skills and Experience required
- Life science degree or qualified pharmacist
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally with relevant/transferable work experience
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent presentation skills
- Evidence of scientific and commercial vision/insight
- Analytical skills to understand and simplify complex medical messages
- Good communicator (written, oral, presentations) and able to influence others at all relevant levels
- Understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice for the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Good PC skills and appreciation of how IT can aid productivity
- Consistently meeting admin requests and keeping good records
EMOTIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-starter, independent, completes tasks in timely fashion with consistent good quality
- Confident, quick thinking, responsive and solution orientated
- Strong work ethic with high levels of emotional resilience
- Innovative, dynamic, entrepreneurial and resourceful
- Team player and good networking skills
- Ability to work alone, autonomously as well as part of a team
- Strong ethical compass with abilities to make good judgements when acting alone
- Good communication skills
Date of preparation: February 2020 / CORP-197